- Tell them who you are (that you live in their riding) and a bit about yourself (you are a mother, concerned citizen, scientist, immigrant, Indigenous person, voter, etc.).
- Express your feelings regarding the approval of Kinder Morgan pipeline despite the opposition from 22 municipalities, 59 First Nations & 210,000 petition signers.
- Kinder Morgan would lead to a seven-fold increase in tankers traffic, the almost certain extinction of the endangered southern resident orcas and blow our chances to meet our climate targets.
- Share why climate change concerns you (impacts from increased extreme weather, air quality, sea level rise, extinctions, climate refugees).
- Let them know that we won't be able to realize the potential of Canada's renewable energy and clean technology industries unless we stop supporting and investing in new fossil fuel infrastructure.
- Ask them for a commitment to work in Parliament to stop all fossil fuel subsidies and against any new oil and gas infrastructure projects like pipelines (including Kinder Morgan, Energy East, Line 3 and Northern Gateway).
- Leave them your name and phone number and ask them to reply to confirm whether they will commit to fighting for this bold climate action.
TIPS FOR THE CALL
- Use a headset or hands-free — This will give you both hands to take notes about what was said.
- Be polite but firm — MPs are our elected representatives. They will likely be happy to hear from engaged constituents. Be polite and direct. Make sure to ask for a response.
If you have any problems using the tool, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org