Want a spring pedicure? Committed to green living? Don't despair! You can pretty your toes and love them, too.
Subscribe to the Queen of Green digest
Find everything you need for silky smooth feet and shiny nails in your pantry.
Five-step, natural DIY pedicure
1. Soak your feet in warm lemon water — the ascorbic acid loosens dead skin cells. Clean and trim your nails.
2. Whip up a batch of your favourite exfoliating scrub (like my brown sugar body wash) and massage each foot vigourisly. For a little more grit, combine equal parts coffee, carrier oil and sea salt with a splash of your favourite essential oil (vanilla, ground cinnamon or lemon work, too).
3. Slather your feet in moisturizing coconut oil, wrap them in a warm towel (or thick socks) and put them up for half an hour. For amazing results, leave the oil and socks on overnight!
4. Carefully push back cuticles with a non-metal tool. Cuticles protect your nails; cutting them leaves you defenceless against bacterial infection.
5. Give nails a final massage with almond or jojoba oil and gently buff them for a naturally healthy sheen. If you want polish, choose one of the many non-toxic alternatives now widely available
Here's to dirty toes in the garden and pretty toes in flip flops! Ah, spring!
Tovah Paglaro, Queen of Green
P.S. Comment with your favourite DIY body tip for a chance to win Nut Butter Coconut Supreme courtesy of NavInspired. The jar is sitting on my desk, and it smells seriously (and naturally) amazing!