My neighbours are better than your neighbours! It's a cheeky proposition, I know... But my neighbours are pretty amazing.
- They babysit — even last minute and without pay
- They help us with truck errands (they have a truck and we don't)
- They close our garage door when we forget
- They walk our dog when we're going to be home late
- They look out for burglars and suspicious activities
- They invite us over for supper
- They loan tools
- They let us (my son and I) play on their porch
- They let me in when I lock myself out!
Now nobody would do any of these things for us if we weren't pretty fabulous neighbours, too.
Subscribe to the Queen of Green digest
Here's what we do:
- We babysit when needed
- We checked that their stove was off when they were out and couldn't remember if they did it
- We host family dinners and play dates
- We put out their green and garbage bins when they are out of town
- We trade toys
- We organize our annual block party
A neighbour can be so much more than the dictionary definition: "person living next door."
What kind of neighbour are you? And more importantly, why do you think it matters?
Lindsay Coulter, a fellow Queen of Green