Terms and conditions
Please review this section.
- Use of DSF 'Proud Supporter" logo is permitted for third party fundraisers;
- Use of DSF name is permitted only with DSF approval;
- DSF must review and approve all promotional materials (including but not limited to letters, brochures, press releases, flyers, and advertising) prior to distribution;
- DSF name is not permitted on any product packaging.
- All promotional materials must clearly state the percentage of proceeds or portion of ticket price that will be donated to DSF;
- Only the final net proceeds will be processed by DSF. Under no circumstances will third party revenues and expenses flow through DSF;
- DSF is not financially liable for the promotion and/or staging of third party fundraisers;
- The organizer of the fundraiser that is the subject of this agreement shall indemnify and hold harmless the David Suzuki Foundation (DSF), its officers, directors, and employees, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, costs, fines and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of any claims or suits, or threats of suits which may be brought against DSF for any reason whatsoever in connection with the fundraiser including, but not limited to, claims related to personal injury related to the fundraiser. The organizers' obligations hereunder shall survive the termination of this agreement.
- DSF does not permit the following types of fundraising in a third party context:
- Programs that raise money on commission;
- Events that encourage/involve behaviour that is counter to the DSF mission and/or programmatic activities;
- Events involving the promotion or support of a political party or candidate, or those which appear to endorse a political activity;
- Direct solicitation (including but not limited to door-to-door canvassing, telemarketing or internet).
10. DSF reserves the right to withdraw the use of its name at any time.
If the fundraiser is cancelled or rescheduled, the organizer will notify DSF as soon as possible. If it is as event, notification will be at least 24 hours prior to the original date of the event.