You did it!
We are thrilled to report that more than 1,000 Canadians like you joined us as radically Canadian monthly donors this June! As a result, a very generous supporter will also donate an extra $10,000 to the environment.
To our community of monthly donors, thank you. To our new radically Canadian donors, welcome! And to everyone else, thank you for doing everything else you do to protect the environment in Canada. Whether it's volunteering, researching green cleaners for your home or reducing your use of fossil fuels, every little step we take is an important step on the way to a sustainable Canada.
Why radically Canadian?
Last year, Canada's Minister of Natural Resources called environmentalists "radicals." He said we are harming the economy. As if our economy is not entirely dependent on a healthy planet!
Angered by the federal government's disregard for the environment, many people came forward to declare themselves "radically Canadian" and join the David Suzuki Foundation as monthly donors. The impact they are having is tremendous.
In this past year, this community of amazing donors has helped:
- Protect farmland in Ontario, connecting people to the food and water that sustains them
- Work towards a National Energy Strategy for a low-carbon future in Canada
- Become a leader in advocating for your Right to a Healthy Environment
- Develop a curriculum guide for teaching nature education
- Inspire thousands of people to get outside and connect with nature
Let's stand up together for nature and future generations
Never before have humans had such a profound collective impact on the Earth, our only home. This is the time to stand up and protect the air, water and soil on which we depend. But instead our leaders are:
- Ignoring opportunities for innovation in renewable energy and green jobs
- Expanding destructive industrial projects without regard for long term harm
- Preventing publicly funded scientists from sharing their knowledge
- Putting profits before human health and future generations
- Tarnishing Canada's hard-earned reputation as an international leader on environmental and human rights issues
We can build a sustainable Canada
Canada should be a world-leading nation that seeks solutions for a human society that lives sustainably on Earth. With the help of monthly donors, the David Suzuki Foundation will be working to:
- Find a path to a low-carbon energy future
- Take a responsible approach to natural resource development
- Protect nature, knowing we are dependent on it for our own health
- Defend informed debate and policies based on independent science
- Safeguard communities from toxic pollution
- Work tirelessly to leave our country a better place for the next generation
Meet Georgina Margaret Brunette, radically Canadian at 100 years old!
Please join us. We can't do it without you!
Monthly donations are one of the best ways to help us achieve these goals. And it's easy to start — just pick an amount and fill out our online donation form. Your gift will be made automatically each month, for as long as you like. You can cancel or change your gift at any time.
Not only is it convenient, monthly donations also:
- Provide stable, reliable funding that allows us to plan projects in advance and act quickly in a crisis
- Save paper, postage and staff time, keeping administrative costs down
- Go a long way. Modest donations like $5 or $10 a month add up over the course of a year
Please join us as a monthly donor today and get radically Canadian with us!