Climate change is a serious problem. So we're working to end carbon emissions in Canada and coming together with citizens and all levels of government to speed the transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy.
We've already seen some great progress. But there's still work to do. With support of people like you, we can help Canada become a global climate leader by calling for:
- Strong national targets for emissions reductions
- A nation-wide price on carbon emissions
- Investment in public transportation and other low-carbon infrastructure
- Strict energy efficiency standards for vehicles, buildings and consumer products
Two ways you can help right now:
- Go carbon neutral at home and at work.
- Power this work with a donation
Together, we can build a cleaner future for Canada and achieve climate stability.
Imagine a future with a cleaner environment, a future in which Canada is seen as a leader in innovative clean-energy solutions. The David Su... Read more »
David Suzuki gets animated when he speaks about communities and their ... Read more »
August 22, 2016 | Climate & Clean Energy
In June 2015, Oxford (which is between Hamilton and London) passed a motion committing itself to 100 per cent renewable energy for electricity, heating and transportation by 2050. It's the first municipality in Ontario to make this promise. (Oxford won't ban fossil fuels but any used will be offset by renewables, resulting in net-zero carbon emissions.) Read more »