The Sacred Balance for kids — updated and expanded with new content and art.
Since You Are the Earth was first published in 1999, there has been a dramatic rise in concern about the environment. Through media, the Internet, and school, kids today are more aware of issues such as climate change, pollution, and energy shortages as well as recycling and other conservation measures.
This revised and updated edition of You Are the Earth includes:
- an expanded discussion of leading environmental issues
- information on new environmental technologies
- more ways kids can protect the environment
- new sidebars offering facts, tips, and examples of what kids can do to be more green
- completely new, full-colour art by award-winning children's artist Wallace Edwards
"[The authors'] eloquent plea to see ourselves and the Earth as interdependent will inspire readers to sit up, look around, and take a little less for granted." School Library Journal