Ontario is updating its incomplete Environmental Bill of Rights. And, with your support, Blue Dot made the most of this once-in-a-generation opportunity:
- Volunteers met with members of provincial parliament from across the political spectrum.
- They organized local events, using cutting-edge digital tools to increase their reach.
- More than 45 members of Ontario's provincial parliament attended the Parliament Hill reception we co-hosted with Ecojustice.
- Some 400 grassroots volunteers drummed up interest in every region of the province.
- More than 12,000 people wrote Ontario Environment and Climate Change Minister Glen Murray via our website.
Ontarians are learning that they have the right to know about pollution but no legal right that protects them from it. Some find that shocking. But they're hopeful.
Last year, your support helped 50 Ontario communities pass municipal environmental rights declarations. Those include Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton, Mississauga and Kitchener, and represent some 7.8 million Canadians!
FIRST ONTARIO. THEN THE REST OF CANADA!
Canadian decision-makers are learning that the Blue Dot movement is a force of nature.
With your help, we're working for every Canadian's right to clean air, safe water, healthy food, abundant ecosystems and a say in the decisions that affect their health and well-being.
You make this powerful movement possible!