This is one of five 4-page pamphlets contained in Driven to Action: Stopping Sprawl in Your Community, a community organizer's toolkit aimed at empowering local residents.
This pamphlet explains how to be an effective lobbyist. It provides direction for any activist who wants to meet with politicians and get the most out of their meetings. Moreover, it suggests how to support your campaign with public action. In addition, it includes resources for tracking your results.
Driven to Action: Stopping Sprawl in Your Community
- Understanding Sprawl: a Citizen's Guide: the David Suzuki Foundation's report on urban sprawl
- Getting started: A brief overview of what you can do to stop sprawl in your neighbourhood
- Sprawl facts: Learn why sprawl is a problem
- Shaping decisions: Find out how to contact politicians and decision makers and express your concerns
- Working with the media: Tips on how to get your message in the news
- Tools: Examples of tools to help you get started