This is one of five 4-page pamphlets contained in Driven to Action: Stopping Sprawl in Your Community, a community organizer's toolkit aimed at empowering local residents.
This pamphlet shows how to design an effective flyer and survey opinions within your community. It also suggests how to research local land use and transportation patterns.
Driven to Action: Stopping Sprawl in Your Community
- Understanding Sprawl: a Citizen's Guide: the David Suzuki Foundation's report on urban sprawl
- Getting started: A brief overview of what you can do to stop sprawl in your neighbourhood
- Sprawl facts: Learn why sprawl is a problem
- Shaping decisions: Find out how to contact politicians and decision makers and express your concerns
- Working with the media: Tips on how to get your message in the news
- Tools: Examples of tools to help you get started