Bring your eco-values to work every morning with our top five tips. Get your coworkers involved and see how much of a difference you can make.
- Walk or cycle to work.
- Take public transportation and buy bulk passes to save money.
- If you must drive, carpool or car share.
- Choose hybrid rentals and taxis.
- If you're not using it, turn it off.
- Enable energy saving settings on all equipment.
- Unplug anything that still sucks energy even when it's turned off (cellphone chargers, things with blinky lights etc).
- Plug equipment into power bars and turn them off until needed.
- Choose foods that are local, organic and sustainable for meetings, lunches and catered events.
- Get rid of toxic cleaners and personal products in your office kitchens and bathrooms.
- Add plants to your workspace — they filter the air.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Set 'double sided' as the default setting on your printer.
- Go electronic instead of using hard copies: phone and email, use overheads and power point presentations, get e-subscriptions, and use web resources.
- Switch to cloth towels and napkins in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Compost kitchen scraps.
- Ban bottled water. Use a stainless steel commuter cup.
- Keep a pitcher of water in the fridge instead of running the tap.
- Scrape dishes instead of rinsing before putting them in the dishwasher,
- Don't pour water down the drain — use it to water plants.
Ready for more? Then download our free toolkit.